|Another great chat! Thanks all ... next chat scheduled for June 11, with a focus on EFCA. And stay tuned for the joint #p2/#fem2 Twittercast on June 21!|
Summary notes: http://p2pt0.wikifoundry.com/page/May+28+notes
Decisions1) no endorsement in CA-10; instead, invite all candidates to a Twitter debate or chat
Interested in helping out? Please let us know in the "volunteers" thread.
1) value articulation: why should people spend the four characters on #p2? (use Matt and Dinky's langauge from the chat)
2) better educational materials, continuing to improve the wiki page. -- jon
3) ongoing outreach to non-straight-white-males -- ALL
4) organizing a CA-10 Twitter debate/chat/something - need a volunteer to take the lead!
5) a high-quality EFCA RSS feed *without* corporate propaganda/nterruptions -- need a volunteer to take the lead!
6) make sure EFCA updates from email/RSS get to the #EFCA and #p2 feeds -- matttbastard, seasonothebitch
7) EFCA tweeting points page (or add to resource page), update dailyish - need a volunteer to take the lead!
8) follow up with Workplace Fairness, AFSCME, SEIU on getting them to a #p2 chat to discuss: MyrnaTheMinx
9) media contacts list starting next week: Kit, MyrnaTheMinx
See the May 28 notes for summaries of what we discussed each topic
- 5 minutes: introductions, followup from last week's chat, last-minute agenda revisions
- 5-10 minutes: overview from Jon and Q&A
- 15-25 minutes: diversity issues on #p2
- continue discussions from May 14 on participation and confronting sexism
- latest statistical update here
- upcoming #fem2/#p2 twittercast June 21
- thoughts on the #sexistmuch hashtag (perhaps with a different name). discussion thread here.
- (deferred): technology, on Twitter and beyond
- "filtered" feeds, e.g. ignoring tcot cross-posts etc.
- regular tweets describing what #p2 and with a link to where people can find out more
- discussion forums
- 10-15 minutes: endorsement process for CA-10. discussion thread here.
- need to come out of this with agreement on a process and timeframe for deciding whether or not to endorse Adriel Hampton
- 10-15 min: EFCA update. Brainstorming thread here.
- We've created the resource page we talked about last chat; how to get the word out more broadly about this, and how else can we help?
- Can we work with #fem2 to highlight feminist aspects of EFCA?
- 5-10 minutes: action items and next steps
- If you're new to the #p2 wiki, please check out our Getting Started page. If you're relatively new to using Twitter for activism, we've got some resources and links here. The links on the wiki's home page describe our history.
- Our most recent tweetings:
- If you're interested in Twitter activism, Building engaged communities that act and Cognitive evolution and revolution are two good places to start. Clay Shirky's A group is its own worst enemy is great background about online communities and social software.