Welcome to #p2 ("Progressives 2.0"), a resource for progressives using social media who prioritize diversity and empowerment, the "progressive batchannel", and an umbrella tag for information for progressives on Twitter. For a directory of progressives on Twitter, please see TweetProgress.
The navigation menu on the left shows the kinds of things that are here. It's a work in progress, so please join in if you have the time -- in the discussion threads to the bottom of each page, or by joining the wiki and editing pages using the EasyEdit button.
If it's your first visit here, you might want to check out the Getting Started page. If you're looking for resources for progressives on Twitter, check out our Overview and Hashtags pages.
Tweeting pointsplease help get the word out about #p2 and progressives on Twitter! when you get a chance, please tweet one of the following from time to time ... thanks!
#p2 = progressives 2.0: a resource for diversity, an umbrella tag, and the progressive bat-channel. more at http://bit.ly/p2pt0
hashtags for progressives: see the list at http://is.gd/odwf on the #p2 wiki #rebelleft #topprog #bipart
For more background on #p2
- The #p2 hashtag and strategies for progressives on Twitter, Tracy Viselli and Jon Pincus (originally published on The Exception), February 13, 2009
- #p2 Takes on the Progressive Twitter Challenge by Sarah Granger on techPresident, February 14.
- Activism at the speed of skittles: #p2 and #askpres on Twitter (by Jon Pincus on The Seminal, March 27) and Twitter activism, #p2, and Ask the President (by Julie Roth and Jon Pincus here on the wiki) describe our most ambitious activism to date
- Why do you pay *your* taxes? records progressives' April 15 response to #teaparty. As the highest-traffic progressive hashtag at the time, #p2 had a big role in this.
- Cognitive evolution and revoution by Jon Pincus on Liminal States (April 20-27) presents a multi-perspective view of Twitter hashtags, and illustrates how marginalized communities are using Twitter for collaboration. The Politics Online presentation has detailed links.
- Why Progressives Need to Stay Together, & How We Can Lose Everything If We Fail by 1xaipe on XAIPEpress, April 21, advocates for progressives unifying on #p2 as a hashtag.
- #p2 and prioritizing diversity by Jon Pincus on Liminal States, crossposted on Oxdown Gazette, April 29
- Uniting Progressives 2.0 on the Social Web by Adriel Hampton on Adriel for Congress is a brief summary of the April 30 Tweeting.
- Twitter Chats: Feb 23 and March 18.
- Results of our
- Older updates by Jon Pincus on Liminal States : Some thoughts after the first week, Statistics, with a gender perspective, Dealing with trolls on Twitter
For #p2 discussions on Twitter
For a feed of #p2 and other hashtags related to progressives and diversity, check out TweetLeft!
Here's the five most recent tweets to #p2 on Twitter: